Baghdasaryan Postdoctoral Fellowship
Davit Baghdasaryan and Bazoomq are launching a postdoctoral fellowship for researchers that will lead a group and do research in space related fields.
Baghdasaryan Postdoctoral Fellowship targets young researchers who have a vision and willingness to be new research group founders inside Bazoomq Space Research Laboratory in collaboration with their academic adviser who can be remote.
Baghdasaryan Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to candidates who have received or will receive their PhD degrees.
Baghdasaryan Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to candidates who will perform their postdoctoral research as well as setup and lead a new research group at Bazoomq Space Research Laboratory.
- All research fields related to Space are eligible, however the priority will be given to the fields of nanosats, near space platforms and planetary rovers related research.
- Allowances are made for parental or medical leave or other career interruptions.
- Candidates who are currently enrolled in a PhD program may apply as long as they complete their dissertation defense successfully no later than March 1, 2022. Official university documentation indicating a dissertation defense date will be required.
The fellow is required to have an academic adviser (Remote PI) in their respective fields of study. The advisor can be one of the scientific advisers of the Bazoomq laboratory.
Number of fellowships and their period
- Up to one full and one partial fellowship is awarded each year.
- The Fellowship is offered for two years. Renewal for a third year will be considered favourably based on a competitive evaluation process.
- The starting date of the Fellowship is April 1, 2022 - July 1, 2022.
- The Baghdasaryan Postdoctoral Fellowship is paid in Armenian Drams.
- Give lectures at partner universities at least 4, but not more than 8 academic hours a week.
- Maintain high academic standards.
- Acknowledge the Baghdasaryan Fellowship Program.
Applications will be reviewed by a Committee with representatives across diverse scientific disciplines. Applications will continue to be accepted until the positions are filled or by June 1, 2022. Anticipated start date will be April 1, 2022 - July 1, 2022.
Required components of the application include:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae, including Training Record and Publication List
- Research Statement (1 page)
- Future Research Plans (3 pages or less)
- Names and Contact Information for three confidential references